11.18.2011

five on friday

1. One of the things I have missed the most since moving to India is Pandora. Apparently, you can only access it in the US. I've run into the same problem with other sites. But I am back in business! Thanks to a website and new app on my iPhone, I am now an active Pandora listener! If you live outside of the US and are struggling from the same problem, check out Hotspot Shield or check out the app on your iPhone. The best part is it's just in time for Christmas music!

2. Speaking of Christmas, guess who didn't bring ONE Christmas decoration to India? That would be me. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking. Perhaps I didn't realize the holiday would still arrive in December as it does each year. The problem now is to figure out how to remedy this situation. It will most likely be a "Charlie Brown" Christmas at the Marlin house. The decorations may be simple, but I'm expecting this Christmas to be no less special than any we've had in the past!

3. I'm really brushing up on nursing skills in India. This week I gave my second shot to the "kidney stone" patient, and I super-glued a head gash back together. Both patients are recovering and there should be minimal lasting damage.
Photobucket
4. Did I tell you we bought a scooter? It is so much fun and the boys love riding around on it. We experienced some random events the night we bought it. The craziest part of the evening was our photo shoot. When I say they took our photo, I mean a professional photographer arrived, posed our unexpecting, terribly dressed family, took SEVERAL pictures and left. This week we found out why. Our family photo was featured in the newspaper to lure other buyers in. How odd! I'd be curious to know if that picture actually brought in any sells! I'd bet not! I'm thinking if they had spelled our name right, it might have been more successful!
Photobucket
5. In the last few years, sewing has been something I REALLY enjoy doing. When we moved, I was afraid to bring my machine with me for many reasons... travel damage, electrical surges, not to mention the electrical voltage is different from that of the States. But I couldn't do without a machine. Last week, I became the owner of my third sewing machine. I've already sewn a pair of curtains, and I have lots of other projects spinning around in my head. She's not as nice as the one that's sitting in a closet in Georgia, but I have a feeling she and I will be spending lots of time together!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment